Monday 16 April 2012

Love Letters Pincushion Ring


Love Letters Pincushion Ring, originally uploaded by Wychbury.
I've been reading some of the feedback from some of our customers after purchasing our pincushion rings. Several lovely people have said how suprised they were to receive the selection of pins with their pincushion. All our pincushion rings and brooches come with pins that I hope compliment each design and make it more of a gift. Some of them are floristry pins or just shop bought head pins but I do like to include at least a couple that I have made myself just to blur the line between a wearable piece and a utilarian object.

This reworked version of the Love Letters Pincushion Ring is something I've had in mind for ages and is a real indulgence! I've overstamped the original handwriting print with more black ink and included a love token flower, a quill and a W 'wax seal' amongst the pins. The seal is made from some of the trimmed down bottle caps from a well know soft drinks company, melted with a little W stamp pressed into it.

S.W.A.L.K.
Paula x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is just *too* gorgeous! Where's my purse..?

Wychbury said...

Aw thanks so much! Paula x