Tuesday 17 March 2009

First Light.

This is it - the first ray of light to be allowed into my roof space since it was built in 1935. This the momentous first velux window to be put into the roof of my house and the first step towards turning my dusty old loft into a useable work space!

Last night, I sat on the boards in the dust and the yellow light and looked around the space that I have only been able to plan in my head until now. The suprise is that the room isn't at all like I imagined and has a lot more aspects to be taken ito account that you might think. I have learned that the 'purlins' are the horizontal beams that hold up the roof and that the one at the front is placed lower than the one at the back. I have less headroom than I imagined but more floor space and the hatch is exactly in the middle of the house.


Now I can see exactly what I have to work with I can start to see that this really does mark the beginning of the end of the nightmare my chosen vocation has forced on my family for the last few years!


It has begun! Wheeeeee!


Paula x

2 comments:

Sarah and Jon said...

How exciting!

Julie said...

wonderful! I'm jealous